The College Essay Package
The college essay is an opportunity to explain who you are beyond your transcript and test scores. An effective college essay uses storytelling to express to admissions counselors how you will fit into the culture of the student body and the contributions you will make in the classroom and on campus. Quality writing is helpful, but meaningful content is essential. We will help you develop that content, in your own voice, strategically highlighting your unique characteristics and qualities to best support your application.
• Junior and senior years.
• The summer prior to senior year is an excellent time to begin.
• Up to 6 meetings by phone or video conference (each approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour).
• Offline editing until the final draft is complete.
• Ongoing support via email and text as needed.
Goals and Outcomes:
• Successfully and confidently craft your own essay in your own unique voice.
• Learn what colleges are looking for in the essay, topics to avoid and how to use storytelling to highlight qualities which will support your application.
• Guided brainstorming, assistance with the selection of essay prompts and topics.
• Learn how college essays are different from English class essays and writing samples.
• Assistance with editing and revising.
• Candid and specific feedback.
*This package is also a part of our comprehensive Countdown to College Package. If you purchase this package and then choose to add the Countdown to College Package the cost of this package will be credited toward your purchase of the Countdown to College Package.