The Countdown to College Package
• Junior and senior years.
• Can begin anytime from the summer before 11th grade through the fall of senior year.
• Up to 25 video conference sessions (45 min to 1 hr). 12 sessions will be planned by the educational consultant. The remaining sessions can be scheduled by the consultant, parent or student as needed.
• Phone calls as needed.
• Research, email and text time.
• Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personality assessment and interpretation.
• Access to College Planner Pro online college research, planning and organizational tools.
• Four free hours of virtual private tutoring with Revolution Prep. Can be used for SAT/ACT prep or any academic subject.
Goals and Outcomes:
• Explore the student’s unique interests, needs, goals, preferences and abilities as they pertain to college planning.
• Create a list of well researched colleges that best meet the academic, personal and social needs of the student.
• Improve academic/extracurricular profile.
• Create the strongest application possible.
This package will be tailored to the specific needs and preferences of each student and family. The following is a list of services included in a “typical” Countdown to College package.
• Identification of interests and educational priorities.
• Thorough college research culminating in a list of “best match” colleges.
• Up to date knowledge of trends in college admissions and how they relate to your family’s circumstances.
• Review of academic record.
• Advice on course selection.
• Standardized testing recommendations.
• Extracurricular activities planning (including valuable summer experiences).
• Create and update an activities resume.
• Advice regarding effective college visits.
• Review of the financial aid process.
• Essay assistance (this package includes our full College Essay Package).
• Recommendation letter strategies.
• Interview strategies.
• Comprehensive review of applications prior to submission.
• Action plan for completing applications.
• Timing and tasks action plan; motivation and encouragement in completing applications.
• Assistance in determining final college choice.
• Support and counseling to minimize stress.